Want to be part of the historic New York City Marathon, the world’s biggest road race with 50,000 runners from 120 countries? The U.S. State Department and Cultural Care Au Pair invites you to volunteer on Sunday, November 5, 2017.
Last year over 250 Cultural Care au pairs joined more than 10,000 other volunteers and had the time of their life! As a volunteer, you will assist with setup and distribution of water and Gatorade. One au pair said, “Just do it and have fun doing it! It’s a super opportunity and chance to be able to do it! You’re gonna love it!” Watch all the fun our au pairs had at last year’s event in this video!
Registration is now open. Don’t wait to sign up as volunteer spots fill up very quickly! You can change or cancel your registration later if needed. All volunteers must register individually and directly with New York Road Runners. You will NOT register with Cultural Care Au Pair. The different shifts and times are listed in the instructions below. Note that you get an extra hour of sleep that night as we switch from daylight saving.
We are excited to invite all au pairs who are and will be in the North East. You are responsible for your own lodging, food and transportation. Please check with your host family that it is ok that you sign up and look at a map which station will be best for you.
We have limited spots to stay at our au pair training school in Tarrytown, New York on Saturday night. The cost is $60/night. If you are interested in this option, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Transportation to and from the marathon is not included. There are also hostels on Manhattan with reasonable prices. Join the Facebook group to see if other au pairs are interested in staying over.
How to register:
- Go to https://mynyrr.nyrr.org/signup
- Complete the registration form, including all agreements.
- You will receive an email to activate your account. Click on the link in the email to activate.
- Log in and click “Volunteer” in the column to the left under My NYRR.
- Choose “FLUID STATIONS 2017 TCS New York City Marathon (does not count for +1)”
- Click the button that says “Volunteer”
- You will get to a list of all the fluid stations. In the first column, you will see the different stations.
- NOTE!!! The stations are listed in order of shift starting time, so you have to scroll to find the right one.
- Choose one of the following shifts reserved for au pairs and other exchange visitors and click NEXT:
- This station is reserved for Cultural Care. Only sign up for this shift if you are SURE you will volunteer: Cultural Care Au Pair Fluid Station Mile 6 – Brooklyn (Fourth Ave between 23rd and 24th Street) 10am to 2.30pm
- J-1 Visitors Fluid Station Mile 5 – Brooklyn – Shift 2 10am to 2pm – Brooklyn (Fourth Ave between 43rd and 44th)
- J-1 Visitors Only Fluid Station Mile 18 – Manhattan Shift #2 11.30am to 4.30pm – (First Avenue between 96th and 97th Street)
- Fill out the volunteering details in step 2. VERY IMPORTANT: On the question “Are you volunteering with a group?” > choose “Cultural Care Au Pair/U.S. State Department J-1.”
- Respond to the remaining questions and agree to the legal documents to complete the page.
- Click “I accept the Legal Documents and agree to be a Volunteer”
- Once you see “Thank You for Volunteering with NYRR,” and the details of your shift + have received the confirmation email from NYRR you’re all set!
- One more step so that Cultural Care knows you signed up: Complete thissimple form after you have received your confirmation from nyrr.org.
We can’t wait to see you on November 5, 2017!
Saturday, 17 June 2017 1:44 PM